Greek Lamb and lemon, garlic roasted potatoes
For the lamb:
2.5 kg bone in leg of lamb
3 tsp paprika
3 tsp garlic powder
3 tsp thyme
3 tsp oregano
salt/pepper to taste
200g cherry tomatoes
1 red pepper, cut into wedges
2 red onions, cut into wedges
8 garlic cloves, peeled
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
2 sprigs thyme
500ml chicken or beef stock
3 tbsps the Governor Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. In a small bowl whisk together the EVOO and the spices. Make slits in the lamb for a few of the garlic cloves then massage in the oil/spice mix. Cover and leave overnight in the fridge to soak up the flavours.
2. Preheat the oven to 220 c Gas mark 7
3. Place the tomatoes, onions, garlic, lemon and stock in a large roasting tin then place the lamb on top. Cover with foil and roast for 40 minutes. Turn the oven down to 160 °c and turn the lamb over. Cover again and roast until tender around 2hrs.
4. When cooked, remove the lamb and allow it to rest for 20 minutes.
5. Use a hand blender to blitz the remaining juices to make the gravy. Add more stock or water if needed.
For the potatoes:
1.5 kg potatoes, peeled and quartered / wedges
1 lemon juiced
300 ml chicken bone broth
1 tbsp dried oregano
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
Parsley to serve
5 tbsps the Governor Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200 °c Gas mark 6
2. In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, garlic, lemon and oregano. Place the potatoes in the baking dish and pour over the olive oil and lemon and stock. Roast for 50 mins until most of the liquid has absorbed, give them a stir then roast for roughly another 30 minutes until crispy. Top with fresh parsley.
Serve the lamb and potatoes with roast vegetables topped with feta cheese.
Buy your Governor EVOO here.