Pan fried mackerel with buckwheat, fennel and ginger roasted rhubarb
2 mackerel fillets
200g rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 5inch lengths
1 fennel, sliced finely
1 inch root ginger, finely grated
2 tbsps Maple syrup
Pinch of salt
2 tbsps The Governor Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Cooked rhubarb juices
1 tbsp the Governor
2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
1. Heat the oven to 180°c, Gas 4 Place the fennel on a baking tray, drizzle over 1 tbsp of olive oil. Cook for 30 mins
2. Place the rhubarb in an oven proof dish. In a small bowl whisk together the maple syrup and ginger then drizzle over the rhubarb.Cook for 20 mins until soft.
3. Heat a pan of water, add the buckwheat and cook for 10-15mins, drain.
4. Heat a frying pan to a medium heat and add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Season the fish with the salt then add to the pan. Cook for 3mins, flip and cook for 1-2 mins.
5. Pour the rhubarb cooking juices into a small bowl, add 1 tbsp of olive oil and balsamic and whisk together.
6. Serve the buckwheat topped with the mackerel, fennel and rhubarb then drizzle over the dressing. Serve with the watercress.
Buy your Governor EVOO here.
Sell your unwanted clothes and support those affec...